Inspired by OG Veggies of Island Fin Poké, this marinated dish is stunningly simple to stir up. If you are in the neighbourhood, you must give this place a try– not just for its healthy offerings, but also its warm, cheerful and welcoming owner (who also happens to be a good friend!).
Just a little knife skill and a few stock pantry ingredients is all it takes to whip this pickle up. Enjoy!
Mandolin or a sharp kitchen knife; Mason jar.
- Marinade: 1/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar + 1 tbsp sesame oil + 1 tbsp hot EVOO
- Organic Veggies (mandolined or sliced thin):
- 2 shiitake caps + 1/2 white onion + 1 small zucchini + 1/4 turnip + 1 jalapeno
Place the sliced veggies in a mason jar and pour the liquid marinade. Marinade for 24 hours.
NOTES, HINTS, TIPS:
- Turn the mason jar around, in intervals, so as to distribute the liquid uniformly around, as much as possible. The marinade is rather strong and so the small amount is enough for the whole jar.
- I used hot EVOO– which broke the usual veggie monotony with some heat.